I've always heard,
I heard as a little girl,
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone.
Something was right in front of me,
Arms length away.
But when I reached out for it,
It was already to late.
And I look at myself in the mirror and wonder,
Who I've become today.
And so I ask myself,
"why doesn't it get better, even though I pray?"
And all I'm thinking in my head is,
I need you to stay.
Because....
You are my everything.
You are my heart.
You bear my suffering.
You set me free.
You make my heart sing.
You make me smile.
You scare my tears away.
So why don't you stay awhile?
Something was right in front of me,
Arms length away.
But when I reached out for it,
It was already to late.
And I look at myself in the mirror and wonder,
Who I've become today.
And so I ask myself,
"why doesn't it get better, even though I pray?"
And all I'm thinking in my head is,
I need you to stay.
All I know right now is that I love you.
All I know right now is that I need you.
All I know right now is that I want you.
All I know right now is that my future is you.
You're the only thing that keeps the tears away.
The only thing that makes my body sway.
You're the one who keeps my heart away,
From everything that tries to lead it astray.
Something was right in front of me,
Arms length away.
But when I reached out for it,
It was already to late.
And I look at myself in the mirror and wonder,
Who I've become today.
And so I ask myself,
"why doesn't it get better, even though I pray?"
And all I'm thinking in my head is,
I need you to stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment